   Re: [xml-dev] Invitation to metadata dictionary wiki - meaningfuel.org

This surgical theater example totally misses the subject, sorry.

The Wikipedia (or an edited surgical manual from a "respected publisher",
for that matter) is about
    "for those interested, here is what medicine knows about appendoctomy,
     as determined by a consensus of people that recognize each other's
     expertise in the subject matter;"

rather than
    "this HOWTO is all what you need to know about cutting out your
     appendix --- get to business right now, don't have a doubt in what we
     say!"

The "well educated and credential" surgeon that you trust is probably a
member of the "self-selected group of people interested enough in surgical
tools to participate in a discussion of surgical tools" and looks up the
communal knowledge when his own is a little lacking.

--vg