   RE: [xml-dev] Status of ISO Schematron

Many congratulations, and thanks to yourself and Ken especially for keeping
this effort going in difficult circumstances.

On a practical note, is there any chance of a reference XSLT implementation
on the near horizon ?

In my organisation we we use a slightly modified 1-5 (where we have added
rudimentary implementations of some proposed ISO features - such a Let), and
I would really love to move this on to an ISO compliant base. I did discuss
this with Ken a while back and the basic premise seemed to be that whereas a
reference implementation is not ruled out, it is certainly not required for
ratification. There was only cautious optimisim that one might appear. From
a user perspective I was positing that having an implementation 'on the
table' is a strong motivator for encouraging adoption of a preferred
platform. Without it, I suggest that many organisations just won't have the
ability to move off an exisiting implementation which, whilst on the one
hand may work successfully, will often present operational support and
maintenance issues because of the amount of bespoke customisation required
to access more advanced features.

Anyway. Thanks a lot for sticking with it.

Regards

Fraser.