   Re: [xml-dev] Did Documents Win? No. Objects Just Couldn't Get Their A

Bullard, Claude L ((Len)) wrote:
> Noting yet another rising tide of REST vs Web Services
> debate, (are we doing this once a year or twice
> a year now; I don't have a current schedule), is
> it fair to say that objects are losing and documents
> are winning?
>
> Or is it just data and I don't have to care?

If it is just data, then documents have the Occam's razor edge over
objects, given than documents are just data whereas objects are data
+ behaviour.

> Noting the increasing references to 'pragmatics',
> the top of the stack of linguistic theories,
> are there opinions about a pragmatics layer on
> top of the semantic layer?

Ha. You mean like inferring the semantic schema to use based on
orthogonal issues such as the scheme of the URL used to retrieve the
document or the ethnicity of the author of the XML processor?
--
犬 Chris Burdess
   "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety