   Re: [xml-dev] XML Performance in a Transacation

On Mar 25, 2006, at 10:22, Rick Marshall wrote:
> Michael Kay wrote:
>> I'm not sure why you're telling us this. We all know that it is
>> possible to
>> write an O(n^2) program in any language of sufficient power. And
>> it doesn't
>> need 50K (bytes? lines?) of code to do it.
>
> ?

What Mike is saying is that the problem *very* likely comes from
what's in your style sheet. It's got nothing to do with the speed of
parsing XML. Even the slowest XML parser running on an ancient
feature phone doesn't take 80 minutes. Anyone can write a style sheet
that's O(n^2), it's trivial.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist