   Re: [xml-dev] XML Performance in a Transacation

Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2006, at 10:22, Rick Marshall wrote:
>
>> Michael Kay wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure why you're telling us this. We all know that it is
>>> possible to
>>> write an O(n^2) program in any language of sufficient power. And  it
>>> doesn't
>>> need 50K (bytes? lines?) of code to do it.
>>

>> ?
>

> What Mike is saying is that the problem *very* likely comes from
> what's in your style sheet. It's got nothing to do with the speed of
> parsing XML. Even the slowest XML parser running on an ancient
> feature phone doesn't take 80 minutes. Anyone can write a style sheet
> that's O(n^2), it's trivial.

well that would be a major problem for the technology in the hands of
the masses.

are you saying "here's the standard and all the things you can do, but
don't do these things because they are a performance problem".

am i the only deeply concerned by this?

rick
begin:vcard
fn:Rick  Marshall