   Re: [xml-dev] Namespaces, Xml Schema Whitespace normalization, xs:anyURI

<snip/>

> I thought that this rule from appendix E,
> together with the 'represent a space with %20'
> rule could be put together as:
>
> seen that spaces are not allowed,
> if you find a space just ignore it if you think
> that this is allowed for your context,
> otherwise is a syntax error.

The way I was reading this boiled down to: If there is a space in a URI
it is illegal. Spaces are not permitted. If there is /visual/ whitespace
as part of a word-wrapping algorithm, this should not be treated as a
space character because we know that spaces are not allowed-- it is
purely a visual artifact.

The RFC is saying that you can display a URI with presentational
whitespace, but even when you do, don't count it as actual
lexical/informational whitespace because that is explicitly disallowed.

I could be way off though....

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter