   Re: [xml-dev] DOM's javascript roots (was Re: [xml-dev] Have JDOM / XOM

On Apr 25, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Tatu Saloranta wrote:

> Namespace handling is an absolute mess, and
> alternatives I have tried (JDOM, XOM) all implement in
> less messy way, and significantly so.

FWIW. Namespace support was 'tacked on' to DOM, just as it was to
XML. It was totally superfluous then and has simply complicated
things since IMHO. DOM is a good case in point.

>> That said, I rarely use DOM anyway: I do almost
>> everything in SAX...
>
> That's pretty hard-core. ;-)
> (due to SAX imposed "involuntary
> inversion-of-control")

Not really... how often do you *really* want the XML in DOM in your
application? I very rarely do... though I use XML as a storage format
a lot.