   Xml internationalization design

I'm currently designing the XML to be used within an multi language
application.

I would like to know if there is any official recommendation about how to
nest an element that offers multi-language values. This is how I would do
this traditionally:

<root>
<titles>
<title xml:lang="en"/>
<title xml:lang="fr"/>
</titles>
</root>

And this is an alternative:

<root>
<title xml:lang="en"/>
<title xml:lang="fr"/>
</root>

The latter will lead to much less verbose XML but the titles tags aren't
wrapped up in a single extensible parent. I would be very grateful if
someone could point me to somewhere which advises on best practice here.

Thanks

Tom

http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview