   Re: [xml-dev] Xml internationalization design

>(1) if you need to select or manipulate all the titles as a group
>(3) if you need to know when all the titles have finished, e.g for
>     formatting purposes (this is very close to (1) in practice)

the data is being processed with XSLT 2 hence I can use xsl:for-each-group
to acheive this in the rare cases where it happens. I think your other
points balance each other out for our purposes - ie it is closer to how we
think about the data but it makes generic software harder.

thanks for your help.