   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Major Historical SOA Milestone Today

> Or could someone correct me? If I bumped into a service-oriented IT system
> in one bank on one side of the street, and an object-oriented IT system in
> another bank on the other side of the street, how would I tell which was
> which (other than by the choice of jargon on the Powerpoint slides)?

an anecdote of minor interest. We had a student in our office that did
his thesis on SOA. got a very good grade, has a nice job now. This guy
was quite smart and technically competent as well, I attempted a few
times to get a description of SOA out of him. I never did get anything
that I recognized as being technical, although whenever he talked
about it he got that abstracted look that I get trying to explain
various technical things to people. But anyway, I DID manage to
confirm from him that both REST and SOAP-based webservices were SOA.

Not sure if that helps narrow it down though ;)

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen