   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Major Historical SOA Milestone Today

> But if you apply "object oriented" at the level of IT systems in
> the large,
> I believe that what you end up with is 100% equivalent to a service
> oriented
> architecture.

I'd say that service oriented architecture is more akin to a
component oriented architecture than an object oriented
architecture.  The services integrated in the architecture are more
independent from one another and from the distributed application
into which they are integrated than a typical object in an object-
oriented application.

Dave Scott