   Re: [xml-dev] SVG interoperability

Le jeudi 15 juin 2006 à 11:55 +0200, Eric van der Vlist a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Am I missing something or is cross-browser SVG interoperability still a
> dream?

Right now SVG-in-ie means the adobe plugin wich was an early
implementations with many bugs not looking like it'll be ever fixed (now
that Adobe owns Macromedia and Flash)

SVG-in-Mozilla is very new but the Moz folks are targeting real
conformant implementation so I predict it'll be going to be real good in
a few releases.

For your information Apache batik is the best FOSS SVG implementation
today... to the point when you report problems in SVG editors like
inkscape they start by testing your files in Batik, and if the output
differs from what they have in their own app they just assume they must
be doing something wrong.

So if you do SVG
1. test with Batik
2. wait some time till Moz and friends catch up with where Batik is
today

If you can't wait you have to limit yourself to the small SVG subset
which more or less works everywhere today.

--
Nicolas Mailhot

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=