   Re: [xml-dev] SVG interoperability

Le lundi 19 juin 2006 à 15:51 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> On Jun 19, 2006, at 15:44, Mitch Amiano wrote:
> > Robin Berjon wrote:
> >> I haven't investigated but I think there may be a way of telling
> >> Firefox to use a plugin no matter what.
> >
> > There is. See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/faq.html#svg-plugin
>
> Sorry, that's not what I meant. I know about the about:config SVG
> enabling flag, it's nice for development and all. What I meant was a
> way of forcing the triggering of the plugin through *content*, so
> that you can know that anyone using FF1.5 will have to rely on an SVG
> plugin rather than on the native support.

Or at least a way to detect whether a Firefox browser uses its native
SVG support or an Adobe SVG plugin.

Even that doesn't seem to be obvious. All the scripts I have found
(inclusing the Adobe "auto install script)) are testing if there is a
plugin to support SVG.

Unfortunately, this allows to check that:

     1. SVG is supported
     2. The Adobe plugin is installed

but not that the native support is disabled.

Access to the configuration options (both read and write) is reserved to
privileged scripts (which seems reasonable) and it doesn't seem that the
svg.enabled flag can be tested.

A hack could be to try to something that is supported only by the Adobe
plugin and check what's happening (maybe animate an invisible point
through smile and test if the the point has moved) but that would be
rather dangerous IMO.

Eric

--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Lisez-moi sur XMLfr.

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=