   Re: [xml-dev] Unrestricted order and cardinality?

Le jeudi 22 juin 2006 à 20:05 +1000, Rick Jelliffe a écrit :

> The Open Source Jing library allows various kinds of conversions including
> from XSD *to* RELAX NG, but not the other way round.

You probably mean Trang rather than Jing :) ...

It is weird that Trang doesn't support the other way round and also that
we do not have more tools to do this translation since it is relatively
easy.

The MSV tool is fine but the RELAX NG that it generates is not very
human readable.

I have written a XSLT transformation that did a very decent job for a
specific project a couple of years ago. It did support advanced features
such as imports, includes, redefinitions, derivations, substitution
groups and even using xsi;type attributes for content models explicitly
defined as abstract but isn't generic enough to be used in the wild.

Maybe I should try to finish this job and publish it!

Of course, that would be easier if I could get a sponsor to finance this
effort :-) ...

Eric
--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Weblog:

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=