   Re: [xml-dev] Help! Any ideas for language for validating links?

On Jun 24, 2006, at 10:58, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> Le samedi 24 juin 2006 à 16:22 +1000, Rick Jelliffe a écrit :
>> I am wondering whether to make the use case something like:
>>   * validate a set of complex XLinks, that the various arcs point
>> to the
>> right kinds of elements or attributes, where the XLinks and the
>> things
>> they are pointing to are XIncluded.
>
> Does such a system exists in the wild? My feeling was that complete
> Xlinks have never been able to get real traction.

Even without complete XLink, a small subset can already be useful. It
would be a nice feature for schema language if for instance I could
check in my SVG document that its fill and stroke links (which are
CSS links, not XLinks, just to add to the fun) point to valid paint
servers, that inclusion elements point to the correct media types, etc..

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist