   Re: [xml-dev] Restrictions on existence of attributes?

On Jun 30, 2006, at 17:36, Bullard, Claude L ((Len)) wrote:
> Replacement of a ubiquitously deployed technology is expensive too.
>
> No free lunch.  As my managers say, show me the numbers. (not just the
> costs of the software because that is by far the cheaper of the bits
> that have to be redone).

I'm not suggesting replacing -- XML Schema is a good way of
describing things that have only remote connections with XML, such as
object systems, people that are happy with it should stick to it.

But as a user confronted with the choice between a number of systems,
given a choice between using a solution that offer RelaxNG and one
that offers XML Schema, I'll pick the former with my eyes closed as I
know it'll cut my costs (and having jumped through the hoops of using
XML Schema, I have a notion of what those costs are).

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist