   Re: [xml-dev] The Best Technologies Don't Win

On 7/7/06, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> > I think this confuses the most votes of managers and the most
> > votes of web developers. I doubt most people building web
> > applications care about or have much use for XSD.
> >

> I don't think there are any applications being written nowadays that aren't
> web applications.
>
> But if by "web developers" you mean people who do HTML and a bit of PHP then
> you're certainly right.

I meant them of course, I also meant the bigger, more important,
imposing applications,

Google, Yahoo, Amazon etc. etc. the much lauded Web 2.0 stuff being
put out by various smaller players. Generally Xhtml, RSS, Rest-lite
and so forth.

I am under the general impression that these organizations are
sceptical of the usefulness of XML Schema, SOAP and various other
specs that seem overarchitected.

There may be usage, but the level of usage does not indicate having
voted wholeheartedly for the specific technologies.

Of the organizations generally considered important on the Web, which
of them are using XML Schema.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen