   Re: [xml-dev] "XMLSON" Idea.

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 16:44 +0100, Pete Kirkham wrote:
> E4X gets you most of the way there:
>
> var sales=<sales vendor='John'>
>    <item id="carrot" price="3" quantity="10"/>
>    <item id="papas" price="5" quantity="3"/>
>  </sales>
>
> for (var i in sales.item) if (sales.item[i].@id == 'carrot') {
> alert(sales.item[i].@quantity); break; }
>
> alert(sales.@vendor);

Ok, no problem. I liked the hypothetical one much more !

> Finding the data in XML for free is the hard part. With respect to
> shares, Yahoo only seem do it in csv, and Google in html. Others
> require registration or money. None seem to cast carrots.

Yes I understand. I've been through the whole process too and understand
that not even the test data is free these days.

But my problem is that I'm going off travelling and my expectations of
xml-dev have been fulfilled for a while. I've had a few nice chats and
bashed around a few ideas.

I think I will go on holiday next week and come back and do some serious
work on my preisshare open-source project. Talking about stuff is nice
but seeing it happen is even better.

Regards

David