Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Pete Cordell" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Fw: [XCON] Consensus 66-03: Schema vs RelaxNG
- From: "bryan rasmussen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:22:24 +0200
- Cc: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=qYKXPCwIFB9a/uX9qZiKv4TIczbWE4UPcDuQMdxPpQv6sp1SdHesRSA5Dsra+hzVyaluFhNWGzmhHecr/99GRDmYVj0CiWw4Fn/Q1jltyjxjZANdyVFLujBui/1cJPgfvWCTtXb4NZLok8EINGUxJ1WIJeIKNuUPLCuvo5QTFzw=
- In-reply-to: <004701c6b159$f43d94c0$6500a8c0@RW>
- References: <004701c6b159$f43d94c0$6500a8c0@RW>
Well, Relax-NG IMHO is easier to write, and provides better
extensibility mechanisms for ones dialect so even for data oriented
xml I suppose it is better. The only way it wouldn't be better would
be if people are interested in exchanging mechanisms via SOAP based
WebServices and have decided that they need all the overhead required
for that - for example, XSD, WSDL, maybe WS-* even...
Please note that I don't understand why anyone would make that
decision although I see it made quite often.
On 7/27/06, Pete Cordell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Relevant to discussions earlier this month... Is the tide turning?
> For background, IETF's XCON effort is for controlling operations within a
> videoconference, for example participants' audio gains, side bar
> conversations etc.
> I think the proposal follows a similar move in the ECRIT group (which I'm
> not familiar with).
> XCON seems very data oriented, but I've heard that Relax NG is not suited to
> Pete Cordell
> Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
> for XML to C++ data binding visit
> (or http://www.xml2cpp.com)
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adam Roach" <...>
> To: "XCON-IETF" <email@example.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:18 PM
> Subject: [XCON] Consensus 66-03: Schema vs RelaxNG
> > Spurred by the output from the data model editing session, the working
> > group members present at the IETF 66 meeting of XCON discussed the
> > potential use of Relax NG instead of Schema for defining the XCON data
> > model.
> > Among participants in the discussion, there was strong agreement to use
> > Relax NG for the XCON data model.
> > This message is to confirm that this direction has the consensus of the
> > mailing list. Any objections to the decision should be raised promptly on
> > the XCON mailing list.
> > /a
> > _______________________________________________
> > XCON mailing list
> > XCON@ietf.org
> > https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon
> The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org <http://www.xml.org>, an
> initiative of OASIS <http://www.oasis-open.org>
> The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
> manager: <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/index.php>