   Re: [xml-dev] how to design an HTML file to contain an XML file?

  • To: Tei <oscar.vives@gmail.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] how to design an HTML file to contain an XML file?
  • From: Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:03:28 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, but I tried everything you suggested.
The <meta> parse error was apparently due to a bug in the HTML editor, Macromedia Homesite - even though I specified XHTML, it still did not close the </meta> tag.
Now there are other parse errors. Perhaps I shall post my original question again.
thanks,
Anil

Tei <oscar.vives@gmail.com> wrote:
1) The tag activate
a XML parser on a web browser.
will close the parse data.. I
don think the parser will expect more data before the . But the
web browser is a strange animal, so maybe support multiple
documents or mixing a xml document with something else. No idea. You
sould not build on undefined beaviors.

2) I dont really know much about SAXParsing. To me Sax sound like a
finland pop group. Maybe theres a Sax solution withing Sax "manual" or
"recipe book". But I guest is a XML parser

3) You are not trying anithing has ben suggested here. Are you?. I
dont expect a error message, If your XHTML file is correct.

4) HTML visualization can be controled with CSS, so that problem is
easy to fix once the browser render the doc.

5) The error message "The element type "meta" must be terminated by
the matching end-tag " that vulcanian for "He dood, add a
tag after your data!". A parser can break on a unrelated topic
( ";" and C compilers...) but maybe your doc really lack a
tag.