   Re: [xml-dev] Fw: [XCON] Consensus 66-03: Schema vs RelaxNG

On 7/27/06, Rick Marshall <rjm@zenucom.com> wrote:
> that confirms my suspision that the the un is totally out of touch with
> reality. translate everything to a language that has laws forbidding the
> importation of useful words from other languages (english in particular)
> and then try to translate to other languages. i'll bet that in practice
> the translators go back to the english original where possible to do
> their translations.
>
> hmmm... convert everything to xml even when it doesn't make sense and
> then try to do something with it.
>
> rick

Well.. converting UTF8 to ISO-8859-1 is that hard, or imposible. So
this why iconv have ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT that replace  the char "€" by
chars "EUR", etc...

So If theres not a french word, you use two french words or 3 french
words. I guest.

--Tei