   Re: [xml-dev] Fw: [XCON] Consensus 66-03: Schema vs RelaxNG

Tei wrote:

> On 7/27/06, sterling <sstouden@thelinks.com> wrote:
>
>> In learning science we call it "learning channels". I call it the
>> one teacher twenty student problem: several students speak only
>> Spanish, a
>> few speak only French, two are deaf, 3 are without eyesight, one is 12
>> years old, two are 65 years old, and the minority are normal average
>> students (whatever that is) and each student prefers one teaching
>> style to
>> another. Two of the students are children of the principal, one is rich,
>> most are poor, and until this hour none have been in a class together.
>> For this hour the teacher has a choice of 13 teaching styles.  Which
>> style
>> and which language does the teacher attempt to use to communicate
>> with the
>> students?
>

> He can use HTML web pages, cos there are renderers for blinds people
> (aural renderers, and braile maybe, or a printer with 3d ink). He can
> have different stylesets, because the 12 years old need vivid colors
> and kool images, and maybe disable some paragraphs...

> 12yo.css
> mature { visibility: hidden; }
>
> This has already ben solved on United Nations: everything is
> translated to french, then french is traslated to whatever the user
> need.

that confirms my suspision that the the un is totally out of touch with
reality. translate everything to a language that has laws forbidding the
importation of useful words from other languages (english in particular)
and then try to translate to other languages. i'll bet that in practice
the translators go back to the english original where possible to do
their translations.

hmmm... convert everything to xml even when it doesn't make sense and
then try to do something with it.

rick