Re: [xml-dev] SGML complexity

Mukul Gandhi said:
> I feel, the list at the site is biased towards XSLT. XSLT should be
> among 1st 25 I feel.
>
> Among 1st 50 languages, the presence of "SAS, D, MATLAB, Logo,
> Natural, Maple" cannot be above XSLT.
>
> This is my view. I would like to see some discussion about this here.

I simply can cite the popularity index, i do not know how accurate it is.

Maybe TIOBE methodology is good enough, maybe it is not. However, without
detailed analysis i may accept it.

From an academic point of view I can say that Matlab 'is' taught in almost
any enginnering course here. With basics of Mathematica/Maple being
obligatory in certain scientific courses (e.g. advanced chemical
thermodynamics). Whereas nothing of XSLT.

Programmers? yes, they learn XSLT togheter visual basic, C Java -lots of
Java-. Logo continue being very very popular for educative purposes.

Academia cannot be representative of rest of community but maybe TIOBE
methodology is accurate enough after all.

> --
> Regards,
> Mukul Gandhi
>
> http://gandhimukul.tripod.com