Re: [xml-dev] XML-DEV list

On 9/28/06, Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net> wrote:
> My problem with that description is how many web programmers or designers
> are willing to suggest or document solutions without doing the research into
> the topic to discover what solutions have been tried and what the results
> were.

Does that really matter?  If two people do similar work with similar
results, but aren't aware of each other, is that a problem?

> Two very serious problems emerge out of that:  claiming credit where
> there is prior art making the IP situation difficult for everyone, and
> claims that lead to false eigen-index locking (the Google/Wikipedia effect).

Is IP there an issue here?

Also, googling for "false eigen-index locking" returns 3 results.  So
even google doesn't know what you're talking about!

> I expect to see 42 pages with the last two being citations of work both in
> URIs and bibliographic.

Are you going to grade it then?  Make sure he uses correct punctuation
and spelling too.

<rant>
Sorry to be blunt Len, but my problem with some of your posts is the
sheer amount of noise.  Maybe it's just me (in which case I apologise
and I'll go back to not reading them) but if you are going to be
critical of anyone else's work or posts, take a good look at your own
first.
</rant>