Re: [xml-dev] Working with Wordies ...

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> I've been writing most technical papers in Docbook when I can.
> Lately, I've been collaborating with people, and all the versioning
> and tracking features of Microsoft Word are *very* useful, so I
> produce a draft in Word format, they start working on it, and from
> then on, we find ourselves working in Word.
>
> I don't see a way around this unless I type each change back into
> the original Docbook document. This seems like an inherent problem,
> but is there some smart trick I'm missing?

Bob Stayton and I have developed a set of XSL stylesheets to round-
trip between DocBook and Word(ML).  There is no support for change
tracking yet, but I'd be happy to discuss your requirements in more
detail.  There is support for revision history, but it is not yet
automated.

The round-tripping stylesheets are part of the DocBook XSL distribution.

HTHs,
Steve Ball

---

Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Explain         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas
http://www.explain.com.au/ |      TclXML TclDOM        | Tcl, Web
Development
Steve.Ball@explain.com.au  +---------------------------
Ph. +61 2 6242 4099   |   Mobile (0413) 594 462   | Fax +61 2 6242 4099