RE: [xml-dev] xml with no -->"<?xml version?>"

The First Line is part of XML Header.  This tells XML parser regarding
version of the XML draft and encoding supported by your file.
If you don't have this header than XML parser will return parsing error.

Thanks
Pankaj Trehan

Project Engineer
Westell Inc

                      "Sudheshna Iyer"
                      <sudheshnaiyer@ho        To:       syetchin@cisco.com, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
                      tmail.com>               cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: [xml-dev] xml with no -->"<?xml version?>"
                      02/16/2007 11:07
                      AM

Then what is the use of having the first line --><?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>"

Thank you.

Sudheshna

http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline