Re: [xml-dev] Announcement: XEntrant - Model Driven XML Tree Editor

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 12:11:21PM -0500, TreeStages wrote:
> Model driven basically means, that during the editing you can always see
> in the right top window of the XEntrant application the definitions (DTD
> or schema) of the selected/edited element/node in the left window and
> you can insert/paste/drag-drop only prevalidated items from that definition.

Although Linux/x86 is my preferred platform I can manage to look
at more proprietary systems given incentive :-)  In this case,
though... being DTD or Schema-aware is hardly ground-breaking for
an XML editor, and there are also often times when wants to create
markup that's invalid, either on the way to making it valid later
or because you're experimenting and plan to change the schema.

Why would I use TreeStages over, say, Oxygen, StylusStudio or XXE?

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/