Re: Announcement: XEntrant - Model Driven XML Tree Editor

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 12:11:21PM -0500, TreeStages wrote:
> > Model driven basically means, that during the editing you can always see
> > in the right top window of the XEntrant application the definitions (DTD
> > or schema) of the selected/edited element/node in the left window and
> > you can insert/paste/drag-drop only prevalidated items from that
definition.

> Although Linux/x86 is my preferred platform I can manage to look
> at more proprietary systems given incentive :-)  In this case,
> though... being DTD or Schema-aware is hardly ground-breaking for
> an XML editor, and there are also often times when wants to create
> markup that's invalid, either on the way to making it valid later
> or because you're experimenting and plan to change the schema.
>
> Why would I use TreeStages over, say, Oxygen, StylusStudio or XXE?
>
> Liam
>
> --
> Liam Quin, W3C XML Activity Lead, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
> http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

I was just explaining what I meant under "model driven". It is most
likely not ground-breaking if other editors have that feature as well.
I have to admit that I have not really used other editors that much.
So, probbably I can't answer your question other then, that it is for
free and that we are greatfull for every criticism including this one.

http://www.treestages.com