Re: Announcement: XEntrant - Model Driven XML Tree Editor

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:20:08PM -0500, TreeStages wrote:
> > Why would I use TreeStages over, say, Oxygen, StylusStudio or XXE?
> > Liam
> >
> I was just explaining what I meant under "model driven". It is most
> likely not ground-breaking if other editors have that feature as well.
> I have to admit that I have not really used other editors that much.
> So, probbably I can't answer your question other then, that it is for
> free and that we are greatfull for every criticism including this one.

It's OK, I wasn't criticising, only trying to give you a chance to
explain what makes your product interesting :-)

XXE also has a free version, and that one does not time out after
30 days, by the way, and source is available.

The screenshot on your Web page reminds me of "Near and Far", an
old SGML editing enviroment, and also "InContext", another
product from years back.  It's not clear to me how you'd handle
mixed content in that user interface; you might want to consider
adding more screenshots.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/