Re: Announcement: XEntrant - Model Driven XML Tree Editor

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:20:08PM -0500, TreeStages wrote:
> > > Why would I use TreeStages over, say, Oxygen, StylusStudio or XXE?
> > > Liam
> > >
> > I was just explaining what I meant under "model driven". It is most
> > likely not ground-breaking if other editors have that feature as well.
> > I have to admit that I have not really used other editors that much.
> > So, probbably I can't answer your question other then, that it is for
> > free and that we are greatfull for every criticism including this one.
>
> It's OK, I wasn't criticising, only trying to give you a chance to
> explain what makes your product interesting :-)
>
> XXE also has a free version, and that one does not time out after
> 30 days, by the way, and source is available.
>
> The screenshot on your Web page reminds me of "Near and Far", an
> old SGML editing enviroment, and also "InContext", another
> product from years back.  It's not clear to me how you'd handle
> mixed content in that user interface; you might want to consider
> adding more screenshots.
>
> Liam
>
> --
> Liam Quin, W3C XML Activity Lead, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
> http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

I was serious abot the criticism. It is only good for us to get this
kind of response. I definitely do not feel offended at all.

It times out after 100 days and you will be able to download it for
free much longer.

We most likely will add more screen shots. That is good point. Mixed
content is defined as:

sequence
  #pcdata
  none or more
    element declaration

If you open our application and double click in the top right window
ELEMENT_DECL/CONTENT_SPEC definitions you can find it there. So it can
be used as any other definition.

http://www.treestages.com