RE: [xml-dev] <offtopic>Opinions About Cold Fusion</offtopic>

Len

We had a brief affair with Cold Fusion a few years ago, we considered it at
a time when we were using classic ASP which we found too limiting. The other
contender was JSP which was fairly new. We had just about decided to go with
JSp when Micrsoft wheeled out ASP.NET and we chose to stick with the "devil
we knew".

Cold Fusion seemed good in some ways but seems to have fallen out of favour
somewhat, try using one of the IT job recruitment sites and comparing
adverts for developers in that versus JSP or ASP.NET. I'm sure it has
progressed considerably in the last few years but it doesn't have anywhere
near the level of community support that .NET or Java enjoy.

Personally if I were to have to choose language other then .NET/Java I'd go
for PHP.

My opinion for what it's worth...

--

Joe