Re: [xml-dev] namespaces support decision table

XML Schema is just a way of describing a valid set of conforming XML
documents.  Indeed, it is only one way of many (c.f. Relax NG, XDR etc.).

So in effect, the set of valid XML documents can exist before the schema
that captures their constraints exists.

So, yes, the example you present is valid with regard to namespaces.

(In other words, you can read and apply the XML namespaces spec without
having heard of the XML schema spec.)

With regard to your a, b, and c, I can't see how a==1, b==0, and c==1 is
valid (if the default namespace is considered prefixed as stated).  I may be
missing something though.

HTH,

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
 http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/