len

From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@redhat.com]

Hi Len,

Here are some reasons that a messaging system might be better for this
kind of application:

1. Updates are made precisely when something has changed at the source.
This eliminates the need for clients to poll just in case something has
changed, which accounts for a lot of unnecessary polling.

2. Guaranteed delivery is supported.

3. Higher performance network protocols can be used.

I think the existence of open source, high performance, reliable
messaging systems has the potential to significantly change the way
people write a lot of systems, including a lot of XML-based systems.
This is one of the reasons I'm at Red Hat now.

Jonathan

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.