From Pox to Pojo

Given the baisc requirement of parsing some plain well-formed XML in
Java and performing some operations on it, what's everyone using at
the moment?

After writing the XML Schema, I would normally have coded my own sax
parser and pojos, but have been using XMLBeans instead (which could
well have issues mentioned in the the other post) in attempt to move
away from the long winded approach...

So where's the technology at at the moment?  If the general feeling is
that XML binding tools are ultimately an extra layer of hassle when it
comes to the finer details then do people still code their own layers
for reading/writing XML ?

thanks
--
Andrew Welch