Re: [xml-dev] MarkMail: now archiving xml-dev

I also notice that the browsing functionality is inferior to what we see
in a typical mailing list archive. Unless I'm missing something, there's
no way to follow a thread. For instance, I can search on the name of a
thread like this:

http://xml-dev.markmail.org/search/?q=fast+infoset+does+the+name+fit

However the messages I get back do not seem to be thread ordered.

Or I can start at the first message like this:

http://xml-dev.markmail.org/message/i37syunytrqq3ih2?q=fast+infoset+does+the+name+fit

But I can't jump from there to the next message. I'm missing basic "Next
in Thread" links.

The obvious question this raises is whether those features simply
haven't been implemented yet, or whether there's something in the nature
of XQuery that makes these sorts of queries hard to write or slow? I
suspect the former. It shouldn't be too hard to write a query that uses
the Thread-topic, Thread-index and other headers to identify the next
message in a thread.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!