len

From: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com [mailto:noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com]

Len Bullard writes:

> Please elaborate on the shades of gray.

... all I meant by "shades of gray" is that compatibility is in that sense
a matter of degree.  Some language that provide for extension content also
provide default interpretations for that content.  Furthermore, many
applications that accept extensible languages as input have default rules
for processing or manipulating that extension content.

<snip />

Anyway, if I were another reader of this list I'd probably be anxious to
see this bit of the exchange wrap up, so I propose we let it go and give
others a chance to chime in.  Of course, I'll be glad to keep going if
that's for the best.  Thanks.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jun/0092