Re: [xml-dev] ten years later, time to repeat it?

Len Bullard wrote:

> My problem with the subset idea is simply what this thread usually produces:
> it's tough to get buy in on what to leave in or leave out.   IME, DTDs are
> more likely to be understood by non-XML-Dev developers than XSD, yet it is
> always top of the death list.  Everyone hates namespaces but no one has a
> proposal to submit.  And so on...

DTDs aren't on the death list. They're on the move list.

The internal DTD subset is on the death list. That's a critical

The internal DTD subset is probably the single biggest stumbling block
for parser implementers.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!