Re: [xml-dev] Ten Years Later - XML 1.0 Fifth Edition?

Michael Kay wrote:

> No, it's infinite. With ideographic languages, you can make up new symbols
> just as cheerfully as Western languages make up new words.

Growing but not infinite. There's a hard limit of a few more than a
million spaces for characters in Unicode. And I continue to maintain
that we can get along just fine without using the new ideographs as name
characters,

Likely there'll be some small pain when characters for new technological
developments come into common use, but I don't expect there'll be enough
of those to make changing XML worth the cost.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!