Re: [xml-dev] RESTful operations on document fragments

Fragment identifiers seem pretty limited. Does the modifiable node need
to have an ID attribute? Is it a complete replacement, a modification, a
deletion of a small part of the target? How would you (the server)
know?

But, if you are working off the file system, you would need to
load/parse the entire file to find what you want to modify.

It seems like XQuery and an XML DB would be the way to go.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-update-10-requirements/

But I like working off the file system too. It is great for distributed
collaboration and version control. Perhaps some kind of combination of
SAX and XSL is a way to go. Run through the document using some kind of
XML writer until you find the target (sent as a request parameter that
is an XPath along with the type of modification). When you find it pipe
it, along with the update, into a transformation that does a merge.
Probably something like this exists?

best,
-Rob