RE: [xml-dev] Convention versus standard

At 09:36 AM 2008-07-21 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
>My experience is that an intelligent programmer using their own common sense
>will usually produce much more helpful variable names than a programmer who
>is blindly following rules defined by some corporate style police.

There can be some truth in this in some cases.  However, bear in
mind that not all intelligent programmers (ie programmers good at
programming) will share the same common sense.  To the extent that
more codes are being shared by different communities of programmers
at different times and under different context these days, I'd
think giving up some liberty in naming for better coding
transferability and maintainability wouldn't result in much
stagnation of creativity.

cheers,
mc