Re: [xml-dev] Type substitution vs. element substitution (akasubstitution groups)

Michael Kay wrote:
>> On XSLT support... Am I correct that element substitution
>> will not work well unless XSLT processor is schema aware but
>> type substitution will?
>>

> No neither will work unless the processor is schema aware.

According to the following link under the title "*Scalable Processing"*:

<http://www.xfront.com/VariableContentContainers.html#method3>

A non-schema-aware XSLT processor can process a variable container
element better if it is using type substitution when compared to element
substitution.

I also note that in the final analysis the bets practice does not
recommend using element substitution:

<http://www.xfront.com/VariableContentContainers.html#BestPractice>

>> AFIK, there are *NO* open source, royalty free schema aware
>> XSLT processors available.
>>

> True, it's a common problem. No-one round here is offering free taxi rides
> either.

True enough for free taxi rides, but many including yourself are
offering free non-schema-aware processors. That was my point.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com