Re: [xml-dev] External subset processing by browsers

2008/12/8 David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>:
>> - the root element can be rss, rdf or atom...
> can't you just use a catalog that defaults a dtd that defines a bunch of
> entities if the top level elemnt is one of those? Rather than letting
> the parse start without a DTD and falling over undefined entity
> references later?

If possible could you provide an example?     (never really used catalogs)

The reason I went down the original route was I hoping to replace
entities with xml, such as:

<ent:entity name="euro" number="8364"/>

...similar to what I've done in the past with LexEv, but as George has
been pointed out its different when no doctype has been supplied.

It a little odd that feeds like this exist - they must be created by
non-xml tools, then consumed by non-xml tools...

Andrew Welch
Kernow: http://kernowforsaxon.sf.net/