RE: [xml-dev] Here's why it's not always a good idea to embedvalidation information (e.g., schemaLocation) in instance documents

Hello Cecil,

> I did find one implementation [of NVDL] (JNVDL)... are there others?

Yes, here are two others:

1. Oxygen XML has a Java implementation of NVDL, called oNVDL.  It can be downloaded from:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/onvdl.html

Also, Oxygen XML supports NVDL in their XML Editor Tool.

2. SnRNV (Small nano Reconstruction NVDL Validator). SnRNV is a streaming NVDL validator, dispatcher, and reconstructor.  SnRNV can be downloaded from:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eb2m-mrt/nvdl/SnRNV-1.0.zip

> How new is this?  Likelihood of wide acceptance?

NVDL is an ISO standard. I believe that it became a standard in 2005. Lots of people and organizations are already using it, e.g.,

    - OOXML
    - Ecma-376 Office Open XML
    - W3C Internationalization Tag Set
    - W3C SVG Tiny 1.2