RE: [xml-dev] Here's why it's not always a good idea to embedvalidation information (e.g., schemaLocation) in instance documents

Hello John,

> Was there ever a good reason to embed validation information
> in an instance document?

In education settings, where you are learning XML Schemas and doing validations one at a time using an IDE, it is convenient to embed schemaLocation within instance documents. And, in a closed environment where you are certain of who's sending the data, it may be convenient to embed schemaLocation within the instance document.

> Isn't that [embedding schemaLocation within instances] fundamentally backwards,
> like trusting a thief because /he says/ he's not a thief?

Nicely stated!

/Roger