Re: [xml-dev] Meaning of "Design for the unanticipated user"

Hi Roger,

Nice summary and example!  Just that for the conclusion, are you able to elaborate just a little further on how to "monitor your web service and note changes in usage"?  I'm assuming you have some details and for the sake of conciseness, you've summarized them as "monitor and note".  I'm keen to hear how one could know the subset of information being extracted from the contents of your web service, and the type of users accessing (other than IP address) when the web service is offered to unanticipated users.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai

Costello, Roger L. wrote:
9E51F88D5247B648908850C35A3BBB500365952A03@IMCMBX3.MITRE.ORG" type="cite">
Hi Folks,

Consequently, you need to monitor your web service and note changes in usage. This information will give you the knowledge of how to evolve your service to better accommodate your users.