XSLT stylesheet looping through the same node (recursion?)

Hi All,

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

  <!DOCTYPE html (View Source for full doctype...)>

- <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

- <head>

- <body

- ><div id="container">

+ <div id="header">

- <div id="content">

+ <div id="as1">

  <h1>Employee Detail</h1>

- <p>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">

- <xsl:for-each select="/ns:html/ns:body/ns:div[@id='content']/ns:p/ns:strong">

- <xsl:if test="contains(.,'Interest:')">

- <xsl:choose>

- <xsl:when test="contains(.,'Interest:')">

- <interest>

  <xsl:value-of select="../text()" />

- <xsl:otherwise>

The transformation process produces the following output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <title>Employee Detail</title>

      <h1>Employee Detail</h1>

One possible solution is by using recursion to go through the list of values on nodes but I am cannot think of how this could be done. Perhaps my difficulty is that I don’t know how to navigate down the list of interest of the same node using xsl command. Most of the Googled articles consisted of searching for the same type of element a cross multiple nodes, where as I am looking all the values (same type anyway) in a single node.

Below is the JDOM XPath solution to get the same list of values:

XPath interestxpath = XPath.newInstance("/ns:html/ns:body/ns:div[@id='content']/ns:p[10]/node()");

interestxpath.addNamespace("ns", "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");

java.util.List interest_list =                       interestxpath.selectNodes(employeejdomDocument);

Iterator interest_iterator = interest_list.iterator();

while (interest_iterator..hasNext())

   interest_value = ((org.jdom.Content)interest_iterator.next()).getValue();

I am new to XSLT stylesheet transformation and can do with some guidances.

Many thanks again,

Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look.