Re: [xml-dev] XSLT Stylesheet Exclude Parental Search Results?

Hi All,

I managed to locate only those nodes in "/ns:html/ns:body/ns:div[@id='content']/ns:p/ns:strong" by using xsl:if followed by the xsl:choose nested for each element. This will ensure that XSLT will not find anything above this node.
Jack

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
To: Jack Bush <netbeansfan@yahoo.com.au>; David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Sent: Friday, 23 January, 2009 9:00:12 PM
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XSLT Stylesheet Exclude Parental Search Results?

Your suggestion make sense but I still encountered some error messages that needed further guidance with.

Error at xsl:for-each on line 10 of file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Jack/TestApplications/:

Attribute test is not allowed on this element

Error at xsl:for-each on line 10 of file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Jack/TestApplications/:

Element must have a "select" attribute

Jack, I'm bewildered. Surely it's pretty clear from those messages, with the help of any simple reference guide to the language, that someone forgot to change the name of the attribute from "test" to "select"? If you need "further guidance" to work that out, people are going to come to the conclusion that you're not prepared to make any effort to learn the language for yourself. In fact, some people would say that in responding to requests for coding help, it's always best to leave the questioner to do some of the work, because that's the only way they will learn anything from the experience, and unless they learn from it, we'll be stuck with a continuous stream of simple questions essentially asking us to do the coding for them.

Michael Kay

http://www.saxonica.com/

Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look.