RE: [xml-dev] Keep business-process-specific data separate?

Roger,

> I create this document then walk it over to my company's
transportation
> office and give it to them. The first thing they do with it is stamp
on
> it the date and time of submission.

> The <Submission-Datetime> element is not really relevant to my
> objective.

Then why does the transportation office stamp it? I think the answer
will reveal that the action is relevant to your objective, if for no
other reason than the office requires it. (eg, if it doesn't happen, the
process stalls and you miss your flight.)

> I think that it's bad to put business-process-specific data with my
XML
> vocabulary.
>
> Do you agree?

No. In a business context, what's the point of exchanging any bit of
data if not for the purpose of enabling a business process (immediately
or sometime later; directly or indirectly)?

>Is this a smart thing to do - include a <Submission-Datetime> element
in
>my Transportation Task Request XML vocabulary?

No opinion, for now.

Best regards,
Jim Wilson