Re: [xml-dev]Changing Namespaces Between Specification Versions

Paul Spencer wrote:
>> -----Original Message----- From: Chuck Bearden [mailto:cbearden@rice.edu]
>>  Sent: 22 April 2009 23:17 To: Pete Cordell Cc: Andrew Welch; xml-dev
>> Subject: Re: [xml-dev]Changing Namespaces Between Specification Versions
>>
> <snip>
>> The decision was made (a) to add a version attribute to the root element,
>> and (b) not to change the namespace URI (which was already unversioned).
>> Did the maintainers of EgXML make the right choice?
>
> I used to like adding version numbers to root elements, but I find that
> more and more of my work involves content from multiple namespaces. Then
 > this no longer really works unless you start to complicate things.

Are multiple namespaces a problem in this connection if it is understood that
a particular version of the language of the context instance always makes use
of particular versions of the other included languages?

Chuck
--
Chuck Bearden (cbearden@rice.edu ; 713.348.3661)
http://cnx.org/