RE: [xml-dev] Saxon and Sun Serializer problems?

Michael

I ordered your book on XSLT 2.0 a few days ago from Amazon.
My comments are made with the greatest respect.

My proposal is add a DocType node to the XDM.  Perhaps I have to send that
to the W3C - unless it is a really bad idea which could be vetted here.

DocTypes are here to stay in Xml.  There are XML based communities like DITA
that happily use DTDs every day and will continue to use it for the next 10
years.

You mentioned:
"lossy" can only be interpreted relative to some information model."

This identity transform is "lossy" with respect to the InfoSet - or lossy
with respect to an XDM with a DocType node :)

Dropping the DocType should not be put in the same class as "<a/> ==
<a></a>" logical equivalencies.

DOM (Level 3 at least) supports DocType as well.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-4122669
27

regards
Jim Tivy